TOM OF FINLAND 1947
TOM OF FINLAND 1952
TOM OF FINLAND 1963
TOM OF FINLAND 1973
TOM OF FINLAND 1989
TOM OF FINLAND 1990
“Once upon a time, I went to the Tom of Finland Foundation in Los Angeles for one of their annual fundraising celebrations. I had heard about this amazing mansion filled with pornographic archives, dungeons, S & M offices, and a huge collection of erotic male art, but I knew I didn’t have the proper outfit to wear. John Waters in leather chaps, no pants, and motorcycle boots is just not a look anybody would be comfortable with.” –John Waters from Taschen’s Tom of Finland XXL
“Tom of Finland Foundation is hosting an open house! As the home of male erotica in Los Angeles, the Tom of Finland Foundation is a rare and special organization. Whether you live nearby or have traveled from afar, don’t pass up an opportunity to visit TOM House during LA Leather Pride!” – LALP2019
Photo: Adrian Scott Fine/L.A. Conservancy
Pioneering erotic artist Tom of Finland, lived in this two-story Echo Park house,
TOM House, during the latter years of his life.
TOM House – City of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #1135
TOM OF FINLAND (Touko Laaksonen, Finnish, 1920 – 1991), Untitled, 1984, Graphite on paper, ToFF #84.17, © 1984-2019 Tom of Finland Foundation
Three Decades of Dedication to
Protecting, Preserving and Promoting Erotic Art
PROTECTING artists from unauthorized or unwanted appropriation of their artwork or name. Defending them from those that would not properly represent them. Breaking down barriers and discrimination that would inhibit the practices of artists.
PRESERVING physical artwork and the legacies artists leave us. Sustaining documents and other objects. Keeping the names of the creator attached to their creations. Maintaining the integrity of all with which we are entrusted.
PROMOTING artists and their careers on every level with diligence and earnestness. Encouraging collectors, institutions and the public. Advocating that the merits of art that depict sexuality signal a healthier society, one capable of understanding and change.
Our revamped Membership Benefits Program, including our handsome new translucent membership card comes with the following benefits:
- Discounts on all full priced items (excluding the Bjarne Melgaard x Bjørg jewelry) at Tom of Finland Store (find discount percentages)
- A one-time discount percentage for your first online purchase
- An ongoing discount percentage for your subsequent online purchases
- Free or reduced admission to Tom of Finland sponsored events, including:
- Our annual Art & Culture Festival at TOM House in Los Angeles held in October
- The annual TOM’s Bar at Faultline in Los Angeles celebrating Tom of Finland on Father’s Day
- Ongoing summer movie Screening Series: #films4fags at TOM House in Los Angeles
- NEW BENEFIT: Discount on Tom of Finland Wines. Discount codes provided with mailing of renewed Membership card:
- 30% discount, limited to one-time use, no expiration date.
- 15% discount, no limit of use, no expiration date.
We are asking for your support in keeping Tom’s Foundation operating as the world-renowned collection of homoerotic art that it is; a beacon of Tom’s legacy and spirit; a sponsor of community events throughout the world and the cultural phenomenon that we have all come to know and love.
We can’t do this work on our own. We need your ongoing commitment to help us keep ToFF operating; members are the very life blood of the Foundation. We count on you to join, renew or upgrade your membership. We are grateful for each active Member at every membership level.
Join Us in a Community That Works Together