Owned by Tom of Finland’s lover, business partner and muse, Durk Dehner, the now private-public residence houses the Tom of Finland Foundation, holder of the largest collection of Tom art, about 1,500 works. All told, the organization stewards more than 100,000 images and related materials including vintage pornography — billed as the world’s largest repository of erotic art.
“I made a pact with Tom before he passed that I would do everything within my capacity to keep him out in the popular culture,” says Dehner, 70, who in 1980 invited the artist to live in his just-purchased Echo Park home (he stayed for six-month stretches allowed by his visa). Their bond began with a fan letter Dehner sent in 1976 upon spotting a drawing in a leather bar.
FRIDAY – 25th OCTOBER VIP Package Only
6:00 – 8:30p – Tom of Finland Formal Leather Cocktails/Dinner
7:00p Dinner served *choice of entrée
- The traditional formal leather or uniform cocktails and seated dinner.
- Very Special Art Auction.
- 3-course dinner catered by LuLu’s and a cash bar.
- Palm Springs Air Museum main hangar.
SATURDAY – 26th OCTOBER Included in VIP/HARDON Package, individual tix or door
6:00 – 10:00p – Mr. Palm Springs Leather Contest and Silent Auction
7:00p Contest begins
- Special guest performance by Varla Jean Merman.
- The 24th annual Mr. Palm Springs Leather Contest. Emcee for the evening is the incomparable Lenny Broberg.
- The annual silent auction.
- Full-service cash bars available.
- ASL Interpreters provided.
- Palm Springs Air Museum which is ranked one of the very best in the world according to CNN Travel. Military fighter jets on display to check out.
Tom of Finland Foundation expresses our sincerest gratitude to
Palm Springs Leather Order of the Desert
for their generous support of so many worthy organizations
and furthering ToFF’s goals.
And a heartfelt thank you to
Jack Dyer, Mr. Toolshed Leather 2020,
for coordinating the remarkable
Erotic Art Auction,
giving so much to the Foundation.